Monday 29 December 2008

Michael Owen's gaff in Portugal: I suppose he's earned it...

He plays off 8, I understand, if you're interested. Golf handicap, that is. And this is his place in the Algarve, overlooking one of Portugal's prime courses. Still needs a lick and a promise to the exterior as far as I can see. Can't speak for the insides, as I refrained from shinning over the perimeter fence. But I decided to inspect the place from a distance on the day it transpired that Mr Owen wouldn't be signing his newly offered Newcastle contract. He's been at pains to say he's not a disloyal sort, and frankly I believe him: the whole issue of his loyalty to NUFC was threadbare from Day 1 when he admitted (and it was generally accepted) that he ought to have been at a different club. So we can't say we weren't warned. Any road, I hope he finishes his house one day and stays fit enough to play the occasional 18 holes, because history will certainly record that he was fettled for the greater part of his NUFC career.

2 comments:

middleway said...

Châteauesque ... I am rather more taken with Steven Gerrard's "Tesco Plattenbau McMansion" than Michael´s rather fussy "Nouveau Castle de Faux."

http://tinyurl.com/scousehouse

Although I think the interiors will both be "Mock Tudor".

Unknown said...

I like both properties :D Have a look at more uber-prime villas in Quinta do Lago